COMMENT FROM ANOTHER BLOG OF MINE:
Why do you still listen to Public Radio? To keep up with what the Evil one is saying? Switch your radio/internet to EWTN or other Catholic radio. It will never fluster you. It is AWESOME!
FIRST: WHY I LISTEN TO PUBLIC RADIO
1. I appreciate news reporting from Africa
2. I appreciate listening to news analyses about the hardships vexing Africans
3. I appreciate listening to news reporting from the BBC, rather than from the
USA news outlets
4. I enjoy the human impact analyses of life in the United States that do not get
presented on the USA commercial or cable airwaves -- like the story I wrote
about concerning the young lady who had escaped from child prostitution to
finally reach the position of tenured professor at UCLA. (Work of the evil one?)
More on the "Evil" one later.
Second: WHY I DO NOT LISTEN TO EWTN
1. I spend at least 15 hours per week preparing Bible and Theology classes
2. My sources for these syllabi are the following:
a) The Jerome Biblical Commentary
b) The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
c) The Catechism of the Catholic Church
d) The Code and Commentary of Canon Law of the Catholic Church
e) The "Osservatore Romano" official newspaper of Vatican City
3. Aside from the intellectual exercises that the above list represents, my daily
prayer life consists of the following:
v. Listening to the daily reading and following meditation from USCCB
w. 30 minutes a day of community prayer with my spouse taken from the
Breviary, other wise know as the Book of Christian Prayer
x. Not less than 30 minutes per day of praying the Bible in meditation
y. Reading and considering the articles of Catholic bloggers from around
z. "Breakfast with God" from ParishWorld.net
4. EWTN has not been exempt from succumbing to the wiles and the influence
of the "Evil one."
5. When you get to know as much about the Catholic Church as I do, you will
have many reasons to get flustered by EWTN.